Bay Medical Center/Sacred Heart Health System is pleased to offer physicians, hospitals and other healthcare providers an easy way to access hospital transfers/admissions for their patients. One simple phone call will facilitate a hospital transfer or admission.
Transfer Admission Process – One Easy Phone Call
- Call (850) 747-6078 or 1-855-2GET BAY anytime, 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Physician or staff should provide details of your patient’s condition to the nurse who answers the phone.
- We will coordinate all the arrangements for the transfer or inpatient bed.
- For direct admissions, your patient will need to come to the hospital and enter through the Central Registration entrance.
- For ED to ED transfers the patient should be transported directly to the Emergency Department.
What We Need from You
Patient’s name and date of birth.
Level of care required (ICU, Medical Surgical, OB) and if isolation is required.
If your patient is currently at another facility, please fax a copy of the face sheet to (850) 747-6731.
Physician offices need to fax orders and demographic information to (850) 747-6731.
We will coordinate all aspects of the admission process, making it easy for you and your staff, ensuring a smooth and safe experience for patients and their families.
Direct Admission Guidelines
Acceptable Patient Transfers Include:
- Critical Care
- General Medicine
- Orthopedic & Spine
Patients Not Appropriate for Transfer:
- Long-term care patients requiring placement
- Psychiatric patients
- Major burns
Thank you for trusting your patient’s care to Bay Medical Center/Sacred Heart Health System.