Low-Dose CT Screening for Lung Cancer
Lung cancer affects approximately 220,000 Americans and remains the leading cause of death from cancer in the U.S. However, there are more options for successful treatment when diagnosed in the early stages before the disease has spread beyond the lung.
Bay Medical Sacred Heart now offers a lung cancer screening which is covered by Medicare and may also be covered by some insurance plans as long as you meet ALL of the following criteria:
- Age 55-77
- Smoking history of at least 30 pack-years (one pack year = smoking one pack per day for one year; 1 pack = 20 cigarettes)
- Current smoker or one who has quit smoking within the last 15 years
- No signs or symptoms of lung cancer
- Shared decision making with your provider for the exam
- No chest CT scan within the last year.